The best bonding moments happen over good food. Do you agree? Our family loves to cook…we love eating even more and I can say that some of the most memorable moments of our family happened in the kitchen and dining table.
If you have been following my blog for the last seven years, then you probably know that we haven’t had house help for the longest time (by choice). People often ask how Arjay and I handle working and homemaking with two little ones. Our secret? Everything is simply made a family affair. Cleaning the house? We do it as a family. Laundry? We do it as a family—yes, even the minis help out. Cooking? Yep, we do it as a family too.
The last one is our favorite family activity because like I said, we love to cook AND eat. The minis’ favorite meal, however, is dessert. Well, we consider it a meal altogether because of the effort we put into making our desserts!
Some of our yummiest (and easiest) recipes are based on chocolate chip cookies because who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies, right?
To make the best chocolate chip cookie-based desserts, you gotta use the best chocolate chip cookies in town. I’m not a very good baker so I just go for store-bought chocolate chip cookies. Our personal favorite are those by Chips Delight. As The Princess joyfully recites while eating our cookie desserts: “Chips Delight, Araw-Araw Delight!”
Anywho. Here are some desserts you can easily whip up with Chips Delight:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Milk Shake
This one’s easy. All you need are:
- 2-3 pieces of Chips Delight Chocolate Chip Cookies, crushed
- 2-3 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup of Milk
Using a blender (I use our trusty Shake ‘N Take), mix all the ingredients until smooth. Pour into a glass then sprinkle with cookie crumbs so you’ll have cookie chunks mixed into the shake. Yum!
Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores
Even easier than the first recipe, all you need to make Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores are:
- Chips Delight Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White marshmallows
- Chocolate Syrup (optional)
On a fire pit or even just on your stove, toast the marshmallows until golden brown. Place it on top of one chocolate chip cookie, add a bit of chocolate syrup, then put another cookie on top. That’s it!
Note: I tried another variation wherein I semi-melted the marshmallows using our microwave oven. It made the marshmallows extra gooey, which the minis absolutely loved!!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bailey’s Milkshake (for Mom and Dad)
Need a yummy fix for you and hubby during movie night? Try this Chocolate Chip Cookie Bailey’s Milkshake! What you’ll need:
- 2 pieces of Chips Delight Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 and 1/2 cups of coffee- flavored ice cream
- 1 and 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of Bailey’s
- Ice cubes (as needed)
To prepare this drink, add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass then add some cookie bits on top. Voila! You have your Chocolate Chip Cookie Bailey’s Milkshake.
We prefer Chips Delight’s original Chocolate Chip Cookie variant. However, you can always play around with the recipes above and try the new cookie flavors by Chips Delight: Striped Chocolate Chip Cookies, Butter Oatmeal Choco Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies (No Sugar Added), Rainbow Candy Cookies, Peanut & Caramel Chip Cookies, Striped Cappuccino Cookies, Chocolate Chip Brittle Brownie, Soft Brownie Cookies, Triple Chocolate Overload Cookies, Coffee Caramel Chip Cookies.
Okay guys. Here’s the fun part! If you want to try our recipes above, join the Chips Delight Delightful Timeline Sharing Promo and win a gift pack from Chips Delight. The mechanics are super easy:
- This promo is open to parents residing in the Philippines.
- Remember to set your Facebook profile on public so your entry will be verified.
- Like the Chips Delight Facebook fan page to join. Click here!
- Each month, Chips Delight we will be posting the Product of the Month. You simply need to share your own delightful experience in connection with the product of the month by writing a comment or sharing a photo on the “Write a comment” box under each post within the Chips Delight timeline. The comment or photo must include the hashtag #ShareTheDelight.
- To qualify for the raffle, the comment or photo must have a minimum of 20 likes.
- Chips Delight will randomly draw 10 winners among all qualified participants.
- Promo will run for 6 months starting this October and will happen during the first 2 weeks of every month.
- There will be 10 winners per month.
Join na! Start by like Chips Delight on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChipsDelightPH
Per DOH-FDA CFRR Permit No. 0709 s. 2015
Promo period is from October 05, 2015 to March 20, 2016