What We Love About BlueWater Maribago Beach Resort
- BlueWater Maribago is a haven for those seeking sun, sand, and sea. With its complete amenities for a tropical vacation, you wouldn’t want to go anywhere else once you’ve settled in.
- The resort staff are super friendly and will go above and beyond to provide your requests. We went here to celebrate my husband’s birthday so
duringone of our dinners, they sang him a birthday song and gave him a cake and a balloon.
- The resort has a lot of amenities that are perfect for any kind of vacationer. They have two big pools, both are divided into two so that each pool has a kiddie pool and a deeper pool for adults. If the pool isn’t your thing, they also have a beach where you can chill. By the beach is their bar and restaurant where you can find live seafood.
- In case you do want to explore the island of Mactan or try activities outside of the hotel, the resort offers a variety of tour packages. If you wish to explore Cebu City, you can either ask for their city tour packages or rent a car and drive yourself around. We did the latter and it only cost us P2,800 plus P500 for gas.
Since we’re a family of five, we booked a Deluxe Room (PHP9,000/night) during our 3-day stay at the resort. The room has two double-sized beds (or you can opt for one queen-sized bed), a mini bar, cable TV, internet access, shower and bathtub, and a private veranda.
For a family with two adults and three small children, the Deluxe Room is spacious enough. It’s a huge plus, too, that our room is
Included in the booking is a buffet breakfast for two adults. Kids 5 years old and below eat at the buffet for free, while kids aged 6-11 eat for half the price.
BlueWater Maribago has five dining places.
Their main restaurant is Allegro. This is where we dined most of the time since this is where they have their breakfast buffet. If you decide to stay in this hotel, make sure you ask about the themed dinners of Allegro. We absolutely love their themed dinners for the food and the entertainment.
The other restaurants you can find at the hotel are:
- Sharing the hut with Allegro is Delfino’s, which serves Italian food. The kids’ favorite here is their 4-cheese pizza!
- The Cove, the resort’s live seafood restaurant by the beach. I recommend eating lunch here since the restaurant provides a panoramic view of the beach and the open sea.
- The Oyster Bar is connected to The Cove. You can order drinks and snacks here.
- Finally, they have the Amuma Juice Bar where you can find light dishes. You can hang out here after your spa treat.
The resort offers a variety of activities for its guests. They have city tours, Whale Shark encounters, and more.
However, if you wish to spend most of your stay inside the resort, they offer a lot of activities for both kids and adults:
- Swimming – You can go swimming in one of their two big pools or at the beach. Take note that the resort has life vests available for guests. Just go to the lifeguard to borrow.
- Shark Feeding – You can watch them feed the sharks right from the resort every 4 PM. Register at the front desk to join the activity.
- Dolpo Kids Club – Are your kids joining you? Register them at the Dolpo Kids Club for PHP1,500/child so they can join the daily kids club activities throughout your stay.
- Amuma Spa – We weren’t able to try this because our kids were with us, but I heard their spa provides a truly relaxing experience. Perhaps we can try this next time!
If you don’t feel like staying here overnight, the resort offers day trips. The BlueWater entrance fee 2018 rates are as follows:
PhP2,000 nettper person (Mondays to Thursdays)
- Php 2,500 nett per person (Fridays to Sundays and Public Holidays)
Children aged 6-11 years are charged half the adult rate while children aged 5 and below may enter for free.
Included in the entrance fee are:
- Lunch buffet at Allegro Restaurant
- Use of the beach
- Use of Allegro pool (the pool next to the restaurant)
- Use of game facilities
If we find ourselves in Mactan, Cebu again, we will definitely consider staying at BlueWater Maribago. We love how family-friendly the resort is! We truly enjoyed our stay and I hope more and more hotels and resorts follow suit in how they take care of their guests.
BlueWater Maribago Beach Resort
Buyong Maribago, Mactan Island Lapu-lapu City Cebu, Philippines 6015
Tel: +6332 402 4100
Mobile: +63998 843 7688
Fax: +6332 492 0128
The booking link above is an affiliate link. If you book through my link, I will get a commission at no extra costs for you.