Nap–a three-letter word that is extremely important for kids and hugely essential for a parent’s sanity. You see, aside from getting enough sleep at night, children need day time sleep too. Naps aid little ones’ growth and development…these also keep kids from getting overtired, which is often the culprit behind tantrums and difficulty falling asleep at night.
This is why I make sure the minis have time for a nap each day. If I don’t get them to sleep during the day, there will surely be mayhem come early evening! And that’s something we really try to avoid with two toddlers in the house. To prevent chaos in our home, I’ve gotten the minis used to napping in the afternoon as soon as The Princess arrives from school. This freshens them up after a day filled with activities and keeps them energized up until around 9-10PM, which is their bed time.
4 Ways To Get Your Child To Nap
Let your child play. One sure-fire way to get you child to nap is to let her use up all her energy. The Princess gets a doze of activity when she goes to school. The Little Man, on the other hand, spends his day exploring our house or building blocks. While I do let the minis watch tv, I limit it since I don’t want them spending hours in front of the telly. Trust me, I have tried using the tv as a sitter before and the minis can get pretty grumpy after long hours of just sitting and watching!
Make sure your little one isn’t hungry! I don’t know about you, but I can’t sleep either when I’m hungry. I make sure the minis eat a balanced meal on time to fuel their bodies for all their activities and keep them feeling full enough to get through a nap, after which they eat their snack.
Freshen up! Quick afternoon baths can do wonders if you want your child to take a nap. A bath gives a refreshing feeling after a day of running, playing, and lots of sweating!
Have a comfortable bed to nap on. Since I work while the minis are asleep, I let them nap in the living room instead of our bedroom upstairs. Since we don’t have our huge sofabed in the living room anymore, we’ve settled with Uratex Foam’s Kiddie Sit and Sleep flip-open sofas. I got the Minnie Mouse Sit & Sleep sofa for The Princess, while The Little Man uses the Mickey Mouse Sit & Sleep Sofa.
Super cute right? They have other designs here. The minis are huge fans of Mickey and Minnie so they absolutely love their kiddie sofa beds!
Let’s have some fun! Contest Closed! Thanks to everyone who joined!
Being a parent myself, I understand how tiring it is to take care of a little one (times two in my case!). Parents need their rest, too, so Uratex Foam and I are giving away a Siesta Mattress valued at PhP 1,399.75!
The Uratex Siesta Mattress is a convenient and very comfortable foldable mattress that is ideal for sleepovers and even everyday use. It is made from 100% Uratex Foam, which is known for superior quality that has been proven for years.
We’re giving this away to one loyal reader of Mom On Duty! But first, the Official Rules:
- No purchase is necessary to join this giveaway.
- This is open to participants 18 years old and above who are residing in Metro Manila and certain parts of Greater Manila area such as Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal only.
- Submission of entries is from 12:01 pm of August 20 to 11:59 pm of September 3, 2014.
- Facebook liking is from September 3, 2014 to September 6, 2014.
- A winner will be announced on September 7, 2014.
- The prize is one (1) 2x36x75 Uratex Siesta Mattress, which will be delivered to the winner’s home by Uratex Foam Philippines.
How To Join:
- Like Uratex Philippines on Facebook.
- Like Mom On Duty on Facebook.
- Take an adorable/funny photo of your child napping, write a line or two about how you get your child to nap, and send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, complete address, and contact number. Please use ‘Uratex Nap Basics Giveaway’ as your subject line. [Important Note: Submitting a photo entry means that you are allowing MomOnDuty.com to share the photo on the blog and the Mom On Duty Facebook page.]
Once the giveaway closes on September 3, 2014, all photo entries will be uploaded to the Mom On Duty Facebook page. The winning photo entry will be chosen based on the following:
- 40% on how cute/adorable/funny the photo is
- 40% will be based on the nap time tip from the parent
- 20% Facebook likes
Facebook liking will open on September 3, 2014 and will close on September 6, 2014. A winner will be announced on September 7, 2014! Congratulations to Jennyfer Tan!