Do you reside in Cebu and would like to take a break from the fast-paced city life? Or are you traveling to Cebu soon and in search of a hotel within the city, but won’t make you feel like you’re in a city? Then you’ll love Montebello Villa Hotel.
Just like Metro Manila, Cebu City is busy day and night. There are buildings everywhere, cars trying to get to where they need to. However, this isn’t the case for the whole city. Somewhere in the heart of the bustling city is a hotel that boasts of its vast, tranquil gardens and guestrooms that feel just like home.
After driving around the city, entering Montebello Villa Hotel will give you a sense of relaxation… peace even. It is surrounded by lush greens and bright pink flowers. Its white walls, glass dividers, and wooden fixtures will make you feel like you are in a leveled up bahay kubo.
The rooms are spacious and complete with wifi connection and cable TV. If it were not my husband’s first time in Cebu, we would have stayed in throughout our stay.
What We Love About Montebello Villa Hotel
- The best thing about the hotel is that it provides a peaceful sanctuary for its guests after going around the city. We love the huge gardens where guests can take a walk and have a breather. We love the pool, which I wish we tried (if only we stayed longer).
- It is definitely a hotel for families. They have a huge green space where our children ran and ran and ran. They have a playground and also an indoor game room and playroom for when it gets hot outside. Most importantly, they have people who are friendly to children and who will do what they can to make a family staying in their hotel feel right at home.
- The food is a must try. Since we only stayed for a night, we were only able to try their breakfast buffet – which was a feast! They offered Filipino food (must try), but also Continental Breakfast for those who prefer that.
- Internet connection is very important for me because I bring my business wherever I go. I am very happy to say that Montebello Villa Hotel provided very good internet access both in the public places of the hotel and in-room.
- The hotel is just a short walk to Gaisano Country Mall so it was easy for us to buy anything we needed during our stay. Diapers, water, sunblock, even swimwear for little Charlie!
- And of course, I will not leave this out: This hotel is friendly to the budget. We booked our overnight stay in this Cebu City hotel for just a little over three thousand pesos. Breakfast is included for two adults and free for kids aged 6 and below.
What To Take Note
- Being at the heart of Cebu City, you should know that once you go out of Montebello Villa Hotel by car, you will be greeted by heavy traffic. It’s not as bad as Manila traffic, but it does take a lot of time to get around. My advice is to plan your visit very well so you don’t miss out on tourist destinations as we did. This is especially true if you are going to explore the city with children.
If we ever find ourselves in Cebu City again, we will definitely stay in Montebello Villa Hotel. And, I will make sure that our stay is longer so we can fully enjoy and take in all this hotel offers.
MONTEBELLO VILLA HOTEL
M. Cuenco Avenue, Banilad, Cebu City, Cebu, 6000
Phone Numbers: 63-32-2313681, 63-32-2313682, 63-32-2313683 to 89