If there is anything that 2020 taught us, that is to be resilient and creative when it comes to making money. A lot of people have been affected by the changes in the work environment and forced to find other ways to make money. In this blog post, we’ll talk about how to make money online even if you’re just a beginner.
How To Make Money Online
I started making money online when I was 18, while I was a sophomore in college. If you are thinking about starting a side gig or making a full time income out of online work, then this blog post is for you.
But before we dive into the different ways you can make money online, let’s talk about how to prepare before you start looking for opportunities to help you find these opportunities faster and easier.
- Have the right mindset. Know that anyone can make it in the online world. Remember how I started? I had no work experience. I had no specialized skills. All I had was the willingness to learn and the determination to make money online. And those are enough!
- List down your skills. What are you good at? Don’t skip anything here because someone is bound to need that skill. Even the simplest skill like typing up documents has a market!
- List down things you enjoy doing. What do you love doing? For this to be sustainable for you, you need to find opportunities that lets you do things that you enjoy doing while you make money.
- Who do you want to serve? Define the market you want to serve. Who are these people? What business are they in? What help do they need in their business that you can solve?
- How much do you want to earn? When you start working online, you will likely charge by the hour before you shift to packaged pricing. Find out how much time you’re willing to set aside for online work and how much you want to earn monthly. Divide your target income by the number of hours per month you’re allotting to online work – that’s your hourly rate. Make sure you’re not selling yourself short and you’re not overcharging as well – find the sweet spot!
Now that we have those set, here are some ways to make money online…
Note: Click on the links under each number to see the opportunities related to each category I mentioned below.
#1 Online Teaching
I always thought that I’m not very good at teaching. But when I had my own kids, I proved myself wrong! If I can teach my kids languages, math, and the sciences, then I’m sure I can teach others too. If teaching is your passion, you can give online teaching a try. Here are some websites that will pay you to teach:
#2 Virtual Assistance
One of the most popular online jobs for moms without investment is working as a virtual assistant. Your role as a VA is to provide virtual administrative support where your client needs it. It can be assisting in publishing content on a website, managing a calendar, accepting calls, sales, etc. Here are websites where you can find virtual assistant job openings:
#3 Web and Graphics Design
Are you good at software like Adobe Photoshop and InDesign? Can you find yourself around codes to fix or build websites from scratch? Then you can work from home as a web or graphics designer! Here are websites where you can find opportunities for these two types of work:
#4 Voice Talent
#5 Writing / Blogging
These websites will pay you for articles that you submit to them:
- eCommerce Insiders
- Budget Travel
- Great Escape
- The Krazy Coupon Lady
- A Fine Parent
#6 Internet Marketing
#7 Video Editing
If you think you are an expert at a certain topic, try creating your own YouTube channel and upload videos of yourself sharing information about your chosen topic. I’ve seen so many successful beauty v-loggers, toy reviewers, etc! Just make sure that your videos are fun, interesting, and gives lots of new info to viewers.
Are you ready to earn money online? Check out the websites above and start looking for opportunities you can try!