Even after five years of working from home, there are still a lot of things I need to learn about providing excellent services and earning enough for the family while still having work-life balance. This is why I am beyond grateful that I am part of the WAHMderful Life Community where I can share my worries, ask questions, and simply just be with other moms who are in a similar situation as me.
I’ve always felt ashamed to tell other people that I am a freelancer because it garners negative reactions that ranges from “Is that even a job?” to “You’re wasting your education!” But when I became a member of the WAHMderful Life Community in Facebook, I found pride in my work–and that is all thanks to my fellow work-at-home-moms who became my good friends. There are still people who tell me that I won’t reach anything in the type of career path I’m taking…but that’s okay. There will always be nega-stars. The important thing now is that I am surrounded by people who understand and support me. :)
If you are a work-at-home professional, own a small business, or thinking of doing any (or both), I’d like to invite you to join the Work-at-Home Weekend Expo on October 25, 2014 (9am to 5pm) at Insular Life Multipurpose Hall Ayala Ave. Makati City. This is an expo organized by the WAHMderful Life Community and Manila Workshops where new and budding work-at-home individuals can get together to learn more about and showcase their products and services.
Guess what? I will be one of the speakers in the expo! I will be talking about taking beautiful photos for your business and your blog. :) Woohoo! Here are the seminar topics at the Work-at-Home Expo:
- Business Ideation: Profitable Business Ideas by Jeff Cua
- How to Land Your First Virtual Assistant Gig by Marge Aberasturi
- How to Create a Winning Business Plan & Reach Your Perfect Clients by Joy Gurtiza
- How to Get (and Keep!) Your Freelance Writing Jobs by Tina Rodriguez
- How To Succeed & Not Suck at Social Media Management by Grace Nicolas Bondad
- Money Smarts: Beginner Level Investing & Personal Finance by Fitz Villafuerte
- Legalizing Your Business the Hassle-Free Way by Dandy C. Victa
- Retail Therapy: How to Set Up Your Import Business & Make Your Sales by Govind Daswani
- Computer 101: How to use and care for your investment by Jennyfer Ang Tan
- Be a Photo Editor: Basic Photo Editing & Photography Jobs by Kimberley Timbol-Reyes
- Managing your Kids while Working at Home by Mariel Uyquiengco
- Eating Right & Easy Meals when you’re a Busy-holic by Lourdes Labii
If you are interested, here are the ticket prices:
Entrance Fee (will not attend any talk; fees apply to those who are 21 years old and above only. Children are free to enter): Php 100
Workshop pass (need not pay entrance fee separately):
Php 350 to attend 1 class/topic
Php 900 to attend 3 classes/topics
Php 1500 for an unlimited class pass
You can register here. But if you’d like to try your luck in a giveaway…here’s my surprise for you! Because it’s my first time speaking in the Work-at-Home Expo, I’d like to treat one loyal reader to an UNLIMITED PASS at the expo! All you have to do is:
- Like Mom On Duty on Facebook
- Like Manila Workshops on Facebook
- Follow Manila Workshops on Twitter and Instagram
- Share this post in one of your social media accounts.
- Leave a comment below explaining why you want to win the Unlimited Pass at the Work-at-Home Expo. Please include your name, email, and link to your share.
The giveaway will end on October 4, 2014.
CONGRATULATIONS TO DONNA CRISTOBAL!