There are many values that I want to teach the minis and one of them is love for the environment. I want my minis to enjoy the world as much as I and the older generations did so I decided to start fighting (or at least slow down) the deterioration of Mother Earth through little ways that, if all of us did, will have a huge impact.
So as not to worsen the situation (which is already bad), I’ve made changes to our lifestyle to create a positive dent in our family’s eco-footprint. These are not huge lifestyle changes but small ones that anyone can do:
- We started growing our own food. Yes you can, even if you have small space! We live in a condo and we grow our food on our veranda.
- We began using less chemical-based cleaning products. Vinegar and baking soda have been awesome cleaning agents!
- We support the use of eco-bags every time we go shopping (even if the mall/grocery has plastic bags available).
- We use our car less and walk/bike more.
- We follow the three R’s: Reuse, Reduce, Recycle.
I also started greening our laundry by limiting our laundry day to just once a week and using safer laundry products. You can find valuable information about how and why you should green your laundry in this infographic: