1, 2, 3…Let’s Blaze! Nickelodeon recently launched an all-new app, Playtime with Blaze and the Monster Machines, that your little one will surely love!
Based on Nickelodeon’s hit preschool series, Blaze and the Monster Machines, the app offers five fun-filled activities that aim to develop preschoolers’ memory, matching, and coloring skills. All the games are set in within Axel City, the world of Blaze and the Monster Machines. As each game is completed, preschoolers are rewarded with stickers that can be used to customize and create their very own scenes in two landscapes in Axel City.
- Available on iOS and Google Play in 13 languages including English, French, Italian, Dutch, German, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Europe), Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, Russian, Portuguese (Brazil), and Turkish.
- Users can choose from four avatars: Blaze, Crusher, Pickle, and Stripes.
- Five mini-games:
- Blaze’s Truck Wash: Blaze, Stripes and Pickle have gotten all muddy! Help scrub them down with soap, wash them off with water from a hose, and towel dry them to make them sparkly and clean again.
- Blaze Race to the Finish Line: Help Blaze avoid obstacles on the track and collect items to race to the finish line on time!
- Monster Machines Memory: Play the classic game of memory by flipping over cards to match all of your favorite characters from Blaze. 3 levels to complete!
- Creative Coloring: Get creative with 4 colouring activity sheets including Blaze, Stripes, AJ and Pickle!
- Match-up with Blaze: Find groups of 3 of the same tools to match up. 9 exciting levels to play!
Implementing limited screen time at home doesn’t mean we don’t watch the telly or we don’t use our gadgets. In fact, we have loads of gadgets at home–iPhones, an iPad, a television set with a PS4 hooked on it. Our rule is to spend our time wisely with these gadgets by choosing shows, apps, and games that will enrich our family life or improve our skills. That’s why I carefully choose the shows I let the minis watch and the apps I let them play with.
The Princess is not big on watching the television, but she’s super into digital art. Although we do have painting sessions on weekends, we turn to the iPad for her art time on weekdays. Let’s keep it real–who has the time to clean up after a messy art session on weekdays?
The Little Man, on the other hand, currently enjoys colorful and musical television shows. Since the Little Man and I are the only ones left at home while the Princess is in school and Daddy A is at work, one of the things we do in the morning is to watch a couple of preschool shows as a way to help me prepare him for next year (YES! He’s going to start school next year!). One of the shows we regularly watch is Blaze and the Monster Machines.
The show revolves around the amazing monster truck, Blaze, and his eight-year-old driver AJ. Together they go on adventures that explore the physics of how things move, tackle problems through scientific inquiry and mathematics, and discover the parts needed to make everyday technologies work. Each action-packed episode is filled with monster trucks, physical humor and upbeat original songs with lyrics that highlight a STEM concept such as adhesion, friction, force, trajectory and magnetism. Perfect for my little boy!
Blaze and the Monster Machines airs on weekdays on Nickelodeon at 9.30 am (PH) and Mondays to Sundays on Nick Jr. at 9.35am (TH/WIB) and 10.35am (HK/MY/PH/SG).