I don’t usually cook using instant sauces because of MSG. But, when I went grocery shopping over the weekend, I saw that Del Monte has a bunch of sauces without MSG… I decided to try a couple of the mixes up this week.
First up is the Del Monte Quick N Easy Afritada Sauce. I love, love, love Chicken Afritada mainly because I like tomatoes. I actually have a bag of organic tomatoes in the fridge all the time because I like munching on ‘em — something that our Little Man loves as well. If I hadn’t bought the sauce, I would have cooked the dish with tomato sauce and a bit of whole tomatoes.
Chicken Afritada with Del Monte’s Quick n Easy Afritada Sauce is quite easy to prepare. It’s great for moms like myself whose kids are always hanging on to my legs, which is why cooking has to be done super fast. The husband also comes home for lunch, but I need to be quick to prepare and cook because he needs to be back to the office soon after our meal.
- Del Monte Quick n Easy Afritada Sauce (I used two packs because we like it extra saucy)
- One Whole Chicken (Adobo Cut)
- Potatoes (lots of 'em for us!)
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Pack of Green Peas
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 Cup of Water
- In a tablespoon of oil, cook the chicken until brown.
- Add a cup of water as well as the potatoes. Wait until it boils.
- Add the carrots and green peas.
- Once the potatoes and carrots are soft--as in, you can easily poke it with your fork--add the Del Monte Quick n Easy Afritada Sauce mix.
- Stir everything so that all chicken pieces will be covered.
- Let it simmer for five more minutes.
- Service with steaming hot white rice.
Easy peasy! It only took me about 25 minutes to prepare and cook this meal, which is just awesome since I always have a long list of things to do. But, what I love about this the most is that the whole family loved it!